Forms are a great tool that can help collect lead information, from emails to names and phone numbers. This information can better help you reach out to your leads to nurture them or ask for reviews.
Although RocketLevel has some premade forms ready to use that can be added to any landing pages or can be embedded into your website, you have the ability to create your own forms to capture unique information. Prior to creating your forms, you'll need to set up Custom Fields in order to collect that unique information. Our guide on that can be found here: Creating Custom Fields
Let’s get started!
- To start, you will click on the “Components” tab on the left-hand side of your sidebar menu.
This panel will open and present the following choices:
- Media Library
- Landing Pages
- Custom Links
- Here you will click on “Forms.” Once you are on the “Forms” page, you will click on the “+ Add Form” This will prompt a new screen that will ask you to choose to create a New form From Template in blue or New Custom Form in green. Click on the green + Create Now button.
- This will prompt you to a new page to create a custom form
- Fill out the following fields for your form, once completed click Save:
- Name - Name of form
- Description - Description of the form and its purpose
- Successful Submit Action - select what you’d like to happen once the form is submitted. The most popular ones are to redirect to the URL or display a message. Your options are:
- Remain at Form
- Redirect to URL
- Display Message
- Redirect URL/Message - depending on your choice above, you can either type in the URL where it will redirect to after the form has been submitted to or type the message to be displayed once the form is submitted.
- Submit button text - this is the text that will show on the button, below are some examples:
- SUBMIT INFORMATION
- ENTER INFORMATION
- ENTER TO WIN
- GET PROMOTIONS
- Recaptcha enabled - we recommend you enable the reCaptcha for security, this will help prevent spam from being submitted on your forms.
- Once you’ve saved the initial information, this will take you to a page where you will be able to adjust the information you just adjusted. You will also be able to create the fields for your form here. Click on the Fields tab.
- Here you will be able to create a new field for the forms, click on Create new field
- Here you will be able to fill in the following fields, once completed click Save:
- Label - the label of the field so that you can identify it
- Label Field - this is the place where the information collected from this field will be stored, for example, if this field on the form is for First Names I will choose to have the information collected be inputted on the contact’s First Name field on their contact page.
- Placeholder - you can type in an example of what is to be put on the field for example if you are asking for email addresses you can put email@example.com and it will display a placeholder. You can also use it in case you do not want to display the label of the field but want to let people know what is to be filled in the field.
- Display Label - you have the option to display the label or not if you chose to not display the label you should add the label on the Placeholder section.
- Required - this will make the field required or not. We don’t suggest you make all the fields required as it will deter people away from filling out forms, we suggest you make important fields such as name, phone, and email required fields.
- Once you’ve saved the form it will take you back to the form page. Here you will be able to preview the form and all of the information associated with it. You will be able to: delete, view submissions, edit or clone the form.
- If everything looks right to you, you can go back to your landing page and select the form to be used.