Don't waste your time manually categorizing your contacts. Let RocketLevel do it for you with the help of Custom Lists!
Custom lists use different criteria to filter contacts into specific lists. This enables you to target your audience more effectively. In this guide, we’ll teach you how to utilize them!
1. To start, click the Custom Lists link on the left-hand sidebar.
2. The next page will show you the custom lists you’ve created.
3. To create a new list, click the green “+ Add Segment” button in the upper right corner.
4. You will see two fields:
The List Name is what you’ll label your list as and the Description is what that list will pertain to. For example, if you have a list called “Georgia,” the description could be “This is a list of contacts in Georgia.”
5. Once you fill out the fields, click Save.
6. You’ll be redirected to a page where you have the ability to edit the conditions for the custom list.
For example, If we are looking for people only in Georgia, we would set the fields to be “State” “Equal to” “Georgia”, However, we also have to add the abbreviated state, so that we cover ALL of the contacts in Georgia. Therefore, we would add the “Or” field and click on the green (+) button to add a new condition where we would add “State” “Equal to” “GA”.
The handy thing about Custom Lists is that you can send mass emails or texts to everyone within a list. You can also add them to a specific Marketing Journey!
It takes a few minutes for a list to auto-populate your contacts for a criteria so don’t worry if your contacts don’t show up immediately!