This step-by-step guide will teach you how to create Custom Marketing Journeys so you can start nurturing your clients TODAY!
If you’re ready to hit the ground running with your Marketing Journeys, you’ve come to the right place!
1. You will start by clicking on the “Marketing Journeys” tab of your navigation sidebar. This will take you to the Marketing Journeys index page, which houses a list of all your current Marketing Journeys.
2. To add a new Marketing Journey, click the green “+ Add Marketing Journey” button in the upper-right corner.
3. A new page will appear with two options: “New Marketing Journey from Template” or “New Custom Marketing Journey.” Click the blue “Create Now” button under the option for “New Custom Marketing Journey.”
4. On the next screen, you will be able to enter the following for your custom Marketing Journey.
Once you've filled the information, click the blue button on the right-hand side labeled "Save and Continue to Triggers."
5. On the Trigger select screen, select a Trigger Type from the drop-down then click "Save and Continue"
- If you're wanting to opt leads in manually, select "Skip Trigger" from the dropdown and continue on step 7 of this guide
6. On the Trigger configuration page, select the form you want to use as your trigger then click "Save and Continue"
7. Now that you are done creating the base of your Marketing Journey, it's time to add actions! On the Actions screen of the wizard. Click the "Add Action" button to add an action.
8. Select an Action Type from the drop-down. Currently, have the following:
- Send Email - which sends an email to a specific email address. This is good for user notification emails.
- Send Lead Email - which sends an email to the lead who is opted into the Journey.
- Apply Tag(s) - which will apply a tag to a contact added to the Marketing Journey.
- Remove Tag - which will remove a tag from a contact when they get to this action in the Marketing Journey
- Send Text Message - which sends a text message to a specific number. This is good for user notifications when someone enters a Journey.
- Send Lead Text Message - which sends a text message to the lead who is opted into the Journey
9. The next screen takes you to an Action Configuration page. Here you can specify the following:
- Interval unit
- Email is being sent out
Once you've filled this out, click the blue "Save" button.
NOTE: If you pick "Immediately" as the interval, don't worry about the interval unit.
10. Once it has saved, you'll be brought back to the Actions page. Here you can add as many actions as you want. You can also click the up and down arrows to rearrange the order of the actions. Once you're done, click "Complete."
NOTE: When moving around the action order remember to check on the intervals so that it does not conflict!
Each interval is counted relative to the last action completed.
For example, if you wanted to send out an email today, another three months from today and another six months from today, the intervals would be:
- Email A goes out "immediately"
- Email B goes out "3 months" after that and then
- Email C goes out "3 months" after Email B