Custom Fields allow you to store specific types of information within RocketLevel. Follow these easy steps to get started!
Custom Fields allow us to store specific types of information within RocketLevel so that we can later use it to segment our contacts. For example, let's say you want to collect social media profiles in addition to the basic information such as name, address, and phone number. You have the ability to add social media handles as a custom field.
Custom Fields can also be grouped together for organization in Custom Field Groups.
To create Custom Fields follow the easy steps below:
- To start, you will click on the “Contacts” tab on the left-hand side of your sidebar menu. The tab will create a drop-down list with the following choices:
a. All Contacts
b. Custom Fields
c. Custom Field Groups
- Click on the Custom Fields option
- You will see a preset list of Custom Fields already in your account. These pre-set Custom Fields are the main ones that are needed for use with the forms. You will notice that these pre-set fields are locked and cannot be changed.
- To add additional fields, you will click the green “+ Add Lead Field” button in the upper-right corner.
- A new page will appear with a drop-down menu for the type of Custom Field you would like to create, the options are as follow:
a. Date (MM/DD/YYYY)
- In this example, since we want to collect social media profiles, we will create a TEXT field. Select Text from the drop-down menu and click Save
- A new screen will appear, here you will fill out the following:
a. Label - This is the name of the field you’re adding, in this example we will name this Instagram handle
b. Sort Order - This is the priority level on where you’d like this field to be displayed. Zero (0) is the top priority
c. Group - You can add it to a group you’ve created that allows you to organize the custom fields into logical groups such as “Address” or “Social Profile.”
- Once you’ve filled out the information, make sure to click Save
- To view where the new Custom Field appears on a Contact card you can click on the contact and it will display the information accordingly to the order you set.