Landing Pages are an essential marketing tool. With this guide, you'll learn how to create custom landing pages!
Landing Pages are an essential marketing tool to draw people into your online ads. You are not limited to the premade landing pages your account is equipped with. You have the ability to create custom landing pages on your own! Let's get started!
1. Start by clicking on the “Components” tab of your navigation sidebar. When you click the tab, a drop-down list appear with the following choices:
- “Media Library”
- “Landing Pages”
- “Custom Links”
For the purpose of this guide, you’ll need to click “Landing Pages.”
2. Once you are on the “Landing Pages” page, click the “+ Add Landing Page” button at the top-right corner.
3. A new page will appear giving you two options for creating your Landing Page: “New Landing Page from Template” or “New Custom Landing Page.” Select the “+ Create Now” button underneath the option for “New Custom Landing Page.”
4. You will now be prompted to fill out information to continue creating your Landing Page. You will fill out the following:
- Name - this will be the name of your landing page, for this example we will name it Sample Page - Master Page
- Folder - You can select to put the Landing Page in a folder if you’d like, but it is not necessary. For this example, we will add it to RocketLevel Folder Exercise.
- SEO Title/SEO Descriptions & SEO Keywords - With Layouts and Blocks, you can add SEO titles/descriptions & keywords to the Landing Pages! Our Template Landing Pages include SEO titles/descriptions & keywords. For custom Landing Pages, you will create the titles/descriptions & keywords for your landing pages.
Please note: A max of 255 characters is allowed in these sections. Shortcodes can be added to the sections and will be rendered on the page. If you need to know what shortcodes to use, refer to our Shortcodes guide!
- NOINDEX/NOFOLLOW - With Layouts and Blocks, you have the ability to have these pages indexed and/or followed by search engines. In order to allow this to happen, you must toggle them on by clicking on the button. If it's green, it means “NOINDEX” is enabled, so the page will not be found on search engines. Same for “NOFOLLOW.”
Once you have added the information on this page, you can Save it and continue on to create a Landing Page.
Landing Page Dashboard
This will take you to the Landing Page Dashboard. Here you will see the initial display that shows you basic information, as well as provide you with an iframe for the landing page, the live URL and the total amount of views the landing page has gotten.
Apart from seeing that information, you can do the following:
- Preview the Landing Page
- Add blocks
- Copy the Landing Page
Congratulations! You’ve successfully started creating a custom Landing Page! All that you need now is to add blocks and style it as you would like!