With custom SMTP settings, you can use your own SMTP servers to send out your RocketLevel emails!
If you are experiencing any issues sending RocketLevel emails marked configured as coming "from" free email providers such as Yahoo! Mail and Gmail, this is a great option for you.
Accessing Custom SMTP Settings
Your custom SMTP settings can be configured in your account settings. Click on the downward-facing arrow next to your username in the top right corner of the app, then click on Account to access your account settings.
Once you're on the Account Settings page, click SMTP Settings on the right-hand side to access your SMTP settings.
Configuring Custom SMTP Settings
Fill out the fields on the SMTP Settings page according to your email client.
- Yahoo! Mail Settings
- Gmail Settings
- Outlook Settings
- You can find these settings by searching for "smtp settings + your email client" on a web search engine.
- Host: The outgoing mail server address
- Username: Your full email address
- Make sure that you match up the "From" email address (Under Account Settings > Business Info > Business Email) with the Username you use here. This will be your "From" email address for emails being sent from RocketLevel.
- Do not change this "From" email address on the Marketing Journey level, or you'll risk your emails being blocked.
- Password: Your email password
- Port: If Port is not filled in, it will use the default SMTP port
Once you've filled everything out, click on the Save button to apply your changes.
If for, any reason, RocketLevel is unable to send the email using your SMTP settings, it will fall back to using its own default email sending service.
A Note on Custom SMTP Settings
RocketLevel will not track email opens, clicks, or bounces for emails sent with custom SMTP settings.